the last bow..


even as the impossibility of the thing
grows upon,
its rhythmic clang reverberates vaguely,
eyes center inquiringly--
where one expects to hear
loud explosion of
an artificial combustion;
witness the blue smoke curling,
the masquerades falling
to devour the orchestra harping
the requiem of the guilty

and the river billows along-
its gray warm waves beaten up
by an indifferent chilly wind;
grabbing the longing by its nape
chasing the rafts with a puny
tart fury,
falling back on their dark, sloppy sides
with a hiss --
the cold travels with me
it envelopes like a shell
Yes, it is a dreary life.. and yet..

I hardly think I’ve lived,
except during many instants when,
plunged in dreams I permitted,
nay, coerced,
life to desert me for awhile;
as you discern the desire
melting from my eyes,
examining teary smiles that we sport on
the way to death --
in these final moments
when life is cherished
I am up for sale --
I wish you had a proposition..


14 comments:

Nice.

April 18, 2012 at 7:40 AM  

thanks.. Raj :)

April 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM  

May be life knocks on my door
May be disguised as death
What of me could be found
When I would answer that door

I keep giving up answering that door
I am at home and I don't feel it anymore
If I would
Then I could have got that knock

It's all right
To put oneself on sale
But if the buyer was just a messenger
It would be not right
To think of wearing the black

April 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

buyers usually aren't only messengers.. but then life keeps surprising you.. so who knows.. nice one.. :)

April 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM  

I do . . . : place a grape in your mouth and taste the pop!

Nicely worded

April 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM  

Thank you Goatman !
trust you are doing well :)

April 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

You are always are a higher level with your words and they are fantastic.

May 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM  

hmmm... brilliantly written..

Kaivalya

May 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM  

wonderful.....

gosh how do you come up with such beauties!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

May 31, 2012 at 7:52 AM  

I have been a loyal reader for sometime now, this will likely be my very first comment. I thought it was eventually time. Thanks

June 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM  

I Liked it.. (Nameless) :)

July 26, 2012 at 1:22 PM  

Aria...long time..I was almost off nets. Now when I decided to resume my blog, I find that most our old friends are not active either. I think we should make a come back together.
Though I enjoy each line of yours, most of the time it flies over my head. Nice one this time.
Happy New Year!

December 30, 2012 at 3:48 AM  

How are you able to switch from one entirely different scenario to another entirely different one? And still when I'm unable to find the reason, I don't discard it as vague randomness. But toil hard to know instead. Why is that? And how is that?

May 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM  

How are you able to switch from one entirely different scenario to another entirely different one? And I can't even reject this change as some vague randomness. I'm tempted to find the reason behind this. Why is that?

May 1, 2013 at 7:46 AM  

Older Post Home