Adrift...

>> Thursday, March 1, 2012

years keep rolling by
with a providential rapidity
which stains time
when youth is --
on the rear side

overhead
the moon is salacious
a holy lantern in wrinkled sky

moving circumspectly
among aged sins
am subliminally indifferent
to everything
sublunary –

for within me is an orgasmic imagination
proportioned to the orgasmic sensation
that assails
a vague territory of yearning
that love can not satiate

I spend my days on stretched wings,
longing to tread the vivid cosmos
I’d sensed afar
viscerally,

a shadowy and hopeless knowledge –

the soul shrivels within,
thirsting for lips
that can neither be kissed nor spared,
for which I can not choose but crave

sigh!
I am wandering again –

it’s the defect with an untrained mind
it zigzags back and forth
can't grip the wind;
dumps the fucking character
overboard --
and sinks with it ..

forgetting the hoi polloi
skillet and other cauldrons –

if it acquires a love affair,
it croaks an ardent "God forbid"
fleeing the matrimonial gallows
before the chapter begins..

8 comments:

Lion Chiller March 1, 2012 at 6:48 AM  

interesting thoughts yet again! I sense a lot of introspection, and some hints of love somewhere, perhaps it is the spring!

goatman March 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

I normally donot quote parts of a poem but:

"I spend my days on stretched wings,
longing to tread the vivid cosmos
I’d sensed afar
viscerally,"

This gives me pause and reflection.
As do many of your words.

Spring is upon us -- I cannot wait for the new growth.

WomanInLove March 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM  

"vague territory of yearning
that love can not satiate" - lovely lines. Very well written

shooting star March 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM  

how come you pack in so many thoughts and emotions in on poem!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in

aria March 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM  

Thank you Lion Chiller, Goatman, Woman in Love, shooting star for your kind words.. :)

Nidhi March 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM  

really adrift..putting thoughts into a poem as if it will take the poet out of its morass..loved it..it is full of beautiful lines - poignant as the memory of aged sins, craving as the taste of hungry lost kisses..
Aria, my Dickinson, you are also my Rushdie
Keep the words flowing <3

aria March 26, 2012 at 7:44 AM  

thanks Nidhi.. love it when you say that .. I really wish to be both.. if only..:| hugs.. :) :) ♥

Amit Mohan Sharma July 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM  

Demolishingly dark (Nameless) :-)

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP