a parting..

>> Saturday, January 14, 2012

An hour! In an hour I can say good-bye
one of those heart-breaking farewells
when we leave an entire short togetherness behind,
forgetting that the real parting is when
there is any ‘love’ to part from..

Even in the mist I can trace
the invisible lancets of
your moss-grown lips, a queer
stale smell
hangs about em , as if
something within stealthily gropes for
means of an escape..

It’s a struggle
to conduct this mind
around a fucking practicality
it insists though
on wandering;
weaving fantastic, tear-stained conjectures
in drifting tobacco smoke. .

at last rationality thrives
under the allaying sway of
an exquisite whiskey, the incident of midnight
floats into nothingness-

Love affairs; real, tangible lovers
purchase our attention.

forgive me, if there is suffused with it
an utterly selfish yearning to be kissed by you
once, only once again, in my proper character
of a sinning woman,
rid of my righteous disguise

I’ve had my desires, it has metamorphosed into
scars of remorse on my lips.
You were rational. All we can do now
is preserve the ghost ..

8 comments:

Blasphemous Aesthete January 15, 2012 at 5:00 AM  

When desires are still alive then why lie and make goodbyes?
It isn't meant to be like that, pretenses need not be drawn.

Nice read.


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

goatman January 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM  

Very nice posing of a not very nice parting.
Do you mind if I copy it for my collection of poems? And maybe post on my blog as companion for an image, maybe?
I am open to your wishes.

aria January 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM  

all yours Goatman.. am honored.. thanks a lot :)

--

thanks BA for the comment.. men are strange creatures.. and so are women.. :D

Rakesh Vanamali January 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM  

Brilliant write of a very sensitive time!

Anonymous January 18, 2012 at 3:47 AM  

hmmm... nice

Kaivalya

aria January 18, 2012 at 4:03 AM  

thanks Rakesh :) :)

--

Kaivalya - good to see you.. thanks.. wonder why you disappeared suddenly.. trust all is well. :)

WomanInLove January 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM  

"Love affairs; real, tangible lovers
purchase our attention.

forgive me, if there is suffused with it
an utterly selfish yearning to be kissed by you
once, only once again, in my proper character
of a sinning woman,
rid of my righteous disguise"

You write so beautifully...keep them coming

Nidhi January 20, 2012 at 1:16 AM  

Loved it..but then how I won't..you are my Dickinson...I could imagine this parting as a scene...loved the idea of sinning woman rid of all her righteous disguise..
Painfully sweet!
Keep writing because otherwise you starve us <3

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP