Ante Scriptum

>> Thursday, July 28, 2011


the world is grey like a vault of cathedral

frowning and ominous; am walking home
imagining that an eternity has slipped by
and you are finally there

haunting my nights with incantations
I suspect you’ve always had plots at hand
a head crammed with treason,
a grim incubus biding his time

do I hate you? you do not know me
I trust you never will
hate is an eclectic wine of exquisite nip
most provoking draught in the world,

no my dear, I’ll live on this vigorous dietary
I’m in the blessed state of an inhumed fossil
a perverse and obsolete ideal resuscitated;
nobody will excavate me

expunge my cerements, will you?
we know what an outdated castle love is
how time and ghosts have soiled it, raiment on
walls stripped off; dilapidated

the entire heap devoted to ruin
in the tawny cast of decay
living with whispers, speculation, and arsenic
to postpone the climax of fatal lust

already the eldritch smell of tombs
have infiltrated your kisses
the callous curl of voluptuous lip
performing burlesque of fabricated faith

I desire you simply that you delude me
into a fleeting limbo of my doom,
scorn me with a phantasm of life
that isn’t and can never be

In the nocturnal sky
when you look for meteors, tempests, ravens,
I’ll surge from the carcass
forsaken half devoured

clammy with dew as if with infinite tears;
unless death annihilates the closing act
there perpetually is a tomorrow
to be reckoned with..

12 comments:

aria July 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

After a LONG time..

Disclaimer - if you are against "dark" stuff.. pray, do not read my blog and spare me sermons..

thank you kindly.. i.e. if anyone still drops by..

asuph July 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

wow!

okay, I'll spare the sermons (not that I'm against dark stuff, in any case).

it's good to see you back here. FB is too banal a forum for your creativity.

i didn't know dietary was a noun! i always thought it's just a verb ...

"hate is an eclectic wine of exquisite nip"

that completely floored me.

this is lovely on so many levels.

"appears devoted to ruin" ... appears didn't add value to me, just goes against the tone of the poem.

cheers,
-asuph

aria July 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

Hehe @ spare sermons!

Thank you Asuph. It was for the optimism 'gyan' which is still imparted to me off and on..

I read it again and 'appears' (as you say) did 'jar' .. I'll chuck it!

Thank you again for the precious critique.

goatman August 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

I had to look up the meaning of "eldritch" -- fairyland, weird, eerie --and it is a great descriptor for the dank, musty odor probably influenced by feelings of death.

Just dropping by . . .

aria August 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

Its one of those words.. I wish, was used more often! @eldritch
Thank you Goatman.. for dropping by.. trust you are doing well :) :)

goatman August 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

So far so good, as they say.

Trust you are well my friend.

Kaivalya August 19, 2011 at 4:22 AM  

hmmmm

Anonymous August 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

Superb...

Harsh Bafna September 13, 2011 at 3:25 AM  

Loved it. It is dark and intense. Draws you in slowly and then releases you with an almighty flourish with the last paragraph.
"... clammy with dew as if with infinite tears;
unless death annihilates the closing act
there perpetually is a tomorrow
to be reckoned with..."
Brilliant!

aria September 13, 2011 at 3:29 AM  

Thank you Harsh.. and welcome to "Terminal Moraine" :) :)

man in painting October 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

Sigh!
This girl!
words can only be like fingers pointing to that moon dear...how can I express what you have shown us..The words that you select are rare..they are like magical spells they become true only when you use it..
hmm i remember the master..
'when will we three meet again
thunder lighting or in rain'
was it dark
no
so is this

i just see light everywhere
i see the sun
melting
at the tip of a terminal moraine

nidhi October 18, 2011 at 6:19 AM  

*silence* *I am besotted*

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP