Cimmerian

>> Friday, November 12, 2010

phlegmatic self
savagely shrill -
the elfish quiet
of a wintry night,
every pulse,
beating vehemently
chest and shield
clamoring together
in hungry fury

dying flames
stifled in grate,
vault fitfully,
raven fragments -
psychological enigma
before my brain

in spasms of
secret desperation
I lean there -
endeavoring to lynch
affinity from
humanly fiends
whose claws were
clobbered steel

descending into
condensed miasma
of starless night
harking the muffled
voices of darkness
I crawl closer
to wrinkled Death,
ambushing in thicket -
a rancid supplicant
waiting for
door to be opened


6 comments:

The Sage November 12, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

wrinkled Death!! nice...

V Rakesh November 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

So many worlds I pass through in my quest for something I don't understand, yet, perhaps, the most amount of elation happens when I see a door that I believe will open to let me pass and carry on!

Wonderfully well written, Aria! Somehow, I relate this with Tim Robbins's character in the movie The Shawshank Redemption!

Nilesh November 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

At last!!! What a Masterpiece!!! Absolutely Awesome!!! Its like an Aria wafting through...

aria November 13, 2010 at 1:46 AM  

@Sage.. Thank you for reading :))


@Rakesh.. I admire your interpretations :D thanks a lot for that lovely comment.


@Nilesh.. thanks.. I was satisfied with this attempt much more than some others I've scribbled lately.. glad you also approve :)

Nidhi November 14, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

when I came to your blog, i got introduced to Emily Dickinson and though I haven't read any poetry beyond my student days, I read hers and was mesmerized..this poem is so Dickinsonian.. love each single word and line of it..don't know which to pick out as favourite..i love the heart and shield clamouring together in hungry fury, and I love that door waiting to be opened
absolutely breathtaking..only you can write this and no wonder the nights become so special for the illuminating peak experiences they grant you~~
Nidhi

goatman November 16, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

Many words screaming for recognition and meaning?
I like the spaces between the words.

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP