palimpsest

>> Monday, May 3, 2010

for me there is
no lust of allegiance,
the frenzy of pursuit,
or dust of defeat
in my reverie, I see you,
in Shangri-La, far away
dusk lay on it, solemn coast
gold lined; freckled with
tints of enchantment --

you and I rapt in oblivion
an embrace of racking struggle
vanishing into unknown
your face gleamed over
woods congregated, heights serrated
liquid harmonies dripping from lips
their piercing sweetness
the juice of divine vintage

and I see around --
the grotesque wraith of love,
the most pretentious of all pretensions
the silliness and malice
the pathos and pettiness
sex and disgust, cobweb and gossamer;
and one thing about you
constant and dependable --
your selfishness.

8 comments:

V Rakesh May 3, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

As always, your lines paint a picture of rich exquisiteness which is like no other! They are intense and very reflective........ and Like I say often, you should consider getting them published for the world to appreciate!

Quackster May 4, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

You're great with the ethereal and abstract. It stretches my mind to think more creatively and visualize the enchantment you speak of. Great stuff!

Musings of a wanderer May 5, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Somehow, I found it difficult to understand the alluded meaning to this. Again, I am a man of simple words! I learnt a new concept "Shangri La" from this. Thanks.

aria May 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

Rakesh .. Thank you, as always for the encouragement. Someday perhaps, I'll have the confidence to approach a publisher with my works :D

Quackster .. Thanks a heap for the appreciation, means much.

Wanderer .. some blogger pals used to joke that I should start my own 'word of the day' site :D Thanks for dropping by.

Perry Strange May 9, 2010 at 5:58 AM  

... you know--I'm digging the... ah... "landscape-ness"?... of your metaphors.

The gold coast and the serrated and congregated, especially. ...the first part made me think of that odd late afternoon haze.

And the gossamer and cob-webs--really captures that "remanent" feeling well.

Gyanban May 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

some interesting choice of words there...
somewhere i got the feeling that there were many more thoughts screaming to get out..but somewhere they got chained...

goatman June 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

What we want and expect, and what we get, is seldom the same in my experience.
Seems the vision of the future is spoiled by the actuality. As you describe.
But then whose fault is that?

Tamarind~ June 11, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

It haunts, really!

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP