Two lines..

>> Sunday, April 4, 2010

“My anger has left me, my sadness returned, and once more the tears flow. Whom can I curse, whom can I judge, when we are all alike unfortunate? Suffering is universal; hands are outstretched to each other, and when they touch . . . the great solution will come. My heart is aglow, and I stretch out my hand and cry, 'Come, let us join hands! I love you, I love you!' "

I read these lovely lines yesterday and I wanted to write something after a long time but writing would require remembering.. and remembering isn’t safe. You could lose your mind remembering. Memory is a siren, a fetching song on a distant shore, all claws and clutches in person. You court her on your own risk. That risk isn’t worth taking .. at least for the time being .. when I can’t write beyond a line or two...

Writing two lines in a blog post isn't a sin.. or is it?

If I could write two lines like Ghalib .. I wouldn’t have wasted so much space here..

“Mat pooch ke kya haal hai mera tere peeche? Tu dekh ke kya rang tera mere aage.. "


Ask not what separation has done to me. You see your poise (composure) when I come before you...


15 comments:

wildflower April 4, 2010 at 2:27 AM  

no, sin it is not..

& ur two lines..i hope i am getting them right ..

V Rakesh April 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

I continue to pray that life's warmth and comforts come to you!

Perry Strange April 4, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

... good. Complex and controlled. Less than two lines, even--just fine, hey?... I don't read Hindi, too well.

Musings of a wanderer April 4, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

I don't think it is a sin at all. You could just leave it blank and people would interpret it in thousand different ways. You need to guide us readers through a story about this blank space by writing it on that very blank space.

To write those two lines Ghalib must have pored over so many of those in his mind, in those hashish filled nights of Mughal Delhi!

Keep writing.

Quackster April 5, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

I like the phrase, "remembering isn't safe." It is so true because when one goes into the memory, it cannot be turned off or controlled. It just flows and you receive. It is definitely an enter at your own risk proposition.

sanely insane April 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

as its put...its not the quantity but the quality of writing...

those who break our hearts...may their zippers open in the boardroom or their high heels break just before an important meeting

goatman April 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Indeed, it s the quality of the words.
And Poetry month is upon us. Another artificial happening which we may ignore, or participate if we deem others' worthy of our words.
Onto the future . . .

I will give it a try!

Old Monk April 7, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

Two lines..common...at times even a single word is sufficient to express so many feelings...and your two lines convey so many images. Very well written.

AshenGlow April 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Hi babes...

Yeah... I may court my memories, with all her claws and clutches, at my own risk. But still the idiot used to plunge into that haunting abyss at times. As i plummeted downwards, all powerless, id wish i hadnt ever done this. Id wish i could take wings and fly back. And then when Im out of my trance, i despise myself, despise the memory, despise the overcoming feeling of loathe towards everything that i think of after that.

Maybe different circumstances, but i know just what you feel. Thats why iv blocked my past behind me... Bound it with a large stone lock and crossed it twice to remind me of the pain lest i decide to open it again. Just like you.

I am strong as i look forward and stronger when i challenge her to beat me.

HUGS,
Ashen

therapy April 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Two lines is often just right...

Tamarind~ April 11, 2010 at 3:43 AM  

Okay.. 'm not gonna ask you!

goatman April 11, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

I like your two lines. Sometimes much can be said with little as we look around and report the conditions.
Memory need not be involved?

vi April 13, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

two lines or 10 lines when written by you they are always intriguing.

Anonymous April 15, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Sometime two lines are more than enough. Even one word can say it all.

parikrama April 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

U Got (g)Mail :)

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP