Elysium of love

>> Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hallo, wallow, keep off me, we were no fucking lovers,
we were rivals, competitors, though we slept together,
dropping rough stones of rage in errant desires
it struck deep, it had lodged itself, I swallowed it down.


We practiced hate, both explosive and the effusive.
It kept us entertained and passionate for two hours.
He hadn’t lost his girth or his hair or that dark gleam of his eyes.
Tears swam into my eyes, burning there.
It was admirable I maintained that shield
without turning brittle behind it.

That monstrous burning, released me, kissed me
The first rush of adrenaline was gone, in its place was an innate disgust
for anything that crawled or skittered.
The acme of wickedness! He and I
circling a blizzard of marvels and shudders.

A daredevil glittering delirium stewed about us.
No one was permitted to enter though we weren’t alone,
spectral renegades flew from corner to corner.
With him I had fancied self-obliteration’s a cinch,
why annihilate myself while he ran freely about us?

After those infernal months of spinning like a little stick
in the glorious whirlpool of a cerebral orgasm
its better to get vainglorified, I’d let his hisness drive him nuts
my myness would to be shipped off on a quarantine
one long overdue and well timed.


13 comments:

Leo August 13, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

hey aria, ur poetry always is very unique... old school style, yet impactful. :)

and 44 isn't a right ranking. its waste.!

aria August 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

You know, you are the only one who says that my poetry is old-school style.. coz I can neither rime or mime.. and with the kind of outrageous words I pour. I thought old-schools are only for school .. heh
but then it feels good to be told so.. thank you

and yes that ranking is silly. I am against the system of ranking itself.

Nash August 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

That's quintessentially you, Aria. Intense and stingy.
By the way, what exactly is old school style?

Nash August 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

And that ranking is outrageous, not your words. I also protest.

aria August 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Hello Nash.. I have no clue @ school :)
and never mind those ranks.. they're just time-pass... I don't mind being placed even at the bottom of the ladder .. for all that I care!
Thanks for reading me.. always a pleasure .. to have you here.

Rakesh Vanamali August 14, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

I must tell you that your choice of language is indeed wonderful!

Very different indeed!

And, dont worry about the ranking, just keep updating and see it soar!

d gypsy! August 16, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

44-well not bad but neither good

I mean u deserve the one -for your diff. poetry..

i agree with Leo... I read poetry like this when i was studying literature....

aria August 16, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

*sigh* .. I feel so ancient!

anyway .. thank you Rakesh and Neha..
never mind those ranks.. I honestly thought its ludicrous which is why I dispalyed it to laugh it off.. then I also saw it displayed eveywhere in the blogvilla and was tempted to imitate! :)

goatman August 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

I don't like any ranking systems either. In fact, I don't much like sports . . . probably shouldn't admit that in this world!

Your poem flows well and has glimpses of your true emotions hidden in the words; true poetry is like this, I think . . . hard to peg down and see from one angle.

By the way, Happy Independence Day!! Freedom rings and dings
I hadn't realized until recently, reading about the 10,000 Indians residing in nearby St. Louis, Missouri, that the British ruled over India for 200 years.
We could only put up with them for some 50 years before taking action.

Were there fireworks?

aria August 18, 2009 at 2:21 AM  

Dear Goatman, Thank you so much.

No fireworks like your 4th July. I find I-day celebrations quite a drag. The prime-minister hoists national flag at a medieval fort which has a long history, one being that the last 'emperor' lived there then addresses the nation. I think only the politicians and the neighboring Pakistan is interested in that speech.

but yes we have a rather sumptuous Republic Day (26th January) celebrations. India became republic after couple years of independence. Grand parades, display of arms, elaborate cultural meets, lighting of the presidential palace and so n so forth!

I am glad we bloggers are making you interested in India. You should really visit, January should be ideal. :D

AshenGlow August 19, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

How curt, how frank, how stinging...

His hisness and my myness...

How accurate and yet not revealing...

Wonderful to have read you again, aria.

Love,
Ashen

ani_aset August 20, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

don go by indiblogger :D
What you wrote is beautiful aria

aria August 21, 2009 at 3:16 AM  

Ashen .. Thank you so much, had been missing you. *hugs*

Aniruddha.. Welcome to my blog, thanks a heap for all your lovely comments. :)

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP