That's all you are...

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This feeling, it came to me one afternoon,
I was caught in, the manacles of language
there was no theater but our ingrown proscenium
my ears secret labyrinths, your eyes secretive,
your velvety touch weightless, lit by
a tiny jewel in my annualry, treading phantomlike,
leaping from its tender perch
into the dusky corridor my lips
tunneling deeper and deeper
until I sank into the darkness of your mind.
I wasn’t watchful. I wasn’t suspicious.
I wanted your hands to keep close to me
the soft translucent web-skin between your fingers
to fondle…. I wouldn’t name what.

Aptly naming, is knowing what it is
exorcising and possessing, all at once.

All masks sunder or else all sport masks
In a bristling of remembrance and representations,
the past was the present, the present was past,
the meaning of one thing, was the meaning of other,
all meanings were one and into this cauldron of all-ness
a recognized evil burst, wearing the mask of you
behind it a cavalcade of upheavals unmasked,
a torn scarlet dress, dead dreams, soot
the lover who was not a lover.
And you; always you.
Invader usurper thief. All one.
An odorless odor, a fume adrift aslant
inside me, fiercely rotating lost runaways,
swallowed by oblivion like whiskey in the throat.

Merely another bruise in the house of bruises…………



****

Thanks to Ashen Glow – for remembering my parent’s anniversary along with her Birthday. It helped me kick my present hibernation ..

Thank you also to Untouchable Earth for the The Premio Dardos Award when I was away. Sorry for not responding then.

***

I wrote this piece yesterday, after latest fiasco. How I manage to get into the same old blah is beyond me too. If you wish to know more .. click here....

Now that I’ve written something after six months I felt like resurrecting my previous ‘home.’ Primarily b’coz I don’t feel like posting frivolous stuff here as I had intended to restrain this page for ‘serious’(so I think) writing. I don’t know if I succeeded but I’d tried.




6 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali July 15, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Aria - welcome back.....great to see you back in action.....about time you did kick off that hibernation and start blogging, like your usual self!

Very well written lines here, quite reflective of life itself......

As always, I must say, the best in life is yet to come, wait for it and savour the moment when it arrives..... in the not so distant future!

goatman July 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Back amongst the writers of words; none the worst for wear I trust.
I am probably forward in saying this: but I really do admire your ability to put a sentence together.

I guess we each can hibernate only for so long before the urge to communicate and express comes calling.
Say . . . who won your election anyways??
I kept looking out for results and never saw any. Guess I was looking in all the wrong places.
We all know who "won" in Iran, but India flew under the radar, I guess.

d gypsy! July 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Hey

welcome back.... :)

as usual, another masterpiece from you, a reflective post...

Take care...

aria July 17, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Rakesh.. Thank you :) I guess I'll be back with usual frequency sooner or later.


Goatman.. so glad to see you. I hope you are feeling better.
Election.. it seems it didn't make much news coz there was no major shift in power.. the ruling party won. Its only when the so-called communal forces win .. it makes headlines .. the present government is called 'secular' ..you see .. :)
Btw the guys I vote for always end up in the losing side.. I guess its high time I stopped voting for their sake .. heh .. but then I enjoy the process of voting ..only day you get to feel that you are living in a democracy.
Thank you so much for your kind appreciation. Take care.


Neha.. Thanks a heap. Nice to see you!

AshenGlow July 21, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

:) Thanks Dear...

Am really happy that you are back.. and that so is your blah.. :)

Remember your comment on my post 'The trance'? Life certainly deserves many chances...

Welcome Back Darling...

Love,
Ashen

P.S: Silly girl... Got us all worried...

aria July 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Dear Ashen,
Sorry for getting you worried. However this blah has nothing to do with my disappearance but has something do with my appearance!
Honestly I don’t get affected by these blahs in the manner some perceive.. by the way I write. I rather enjoy these trivialities as they give some food to write.

Why I went missing is an entirely different matter altogether. I wouldn’t be able to talk about it here. I needed a change of location to deal with it.

Thanks a heap for your concern and all your kind words., means much! :)

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP