Supernatural Tang ..

>> Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh, there are other lovers,
scandalously talented than you,
their unashamed display of superior airs
are consistently awarded
with my favored times.


Un-heavenly morsels, ever-fucked
possessing no wisdom on
crucial contours of anatomy, who
contemplate tricky peaks and skirts
as just a series of wrinkled uplifts
on a flat plane.

They flip pebbles into cosmic waters
to observe the turmoil that ensues
hunting for sex as if for a vortex
to drown themselves in

And in searching for them
I am of the same heedless spirit.

Ruminating by the light of moon
bright enough to give configuration
to aspects and intersections below
I render the void I want.

I entreat perspectives, not an indication
for probable fields of fire, no line
or shading, no subtlety or fidelity
no interest in panorama yonder
its starkest strategic features.

In this dark windless region
beyond atmosphere, it appears

moon could lead me astray
there would be steering
and propulsion mechanism
surely for use

once that is in place,
sentiments safe from meteorites,
in their rugged sheathing,
the moon could be chased down easily
through dead reckoning.

10 comments:

Nash December 30, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

Astounding use of words. I knew the block was only temporary :-)

Happy new year, Aria.

Quackster December 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

phew! what fire and ferocity!

Alok December 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

So Aria like ... Sometimes I really wonder is this abt reel or real life ....

Forget abt un-heavenly morsels for a moment and have a blast this New Year .. Have fun :)


Alok

Rakesh Vanamali December 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

Superb! Terminal Moraine has terminally banished the block!

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year!

May the coming year bring to you, the best yet!

Warm Regards

Rakesh

aria December 31, 2008 at 1:06 AM  

Nash.. thank you :) Happy New Year to you too.

Quackster.. Thank you for dropping by. :)

Alok.. Hehe @ real and reel. Thanks a heap for your comment. Wishing you the same.
On top of that.. I really hope we get to read new posts.. next year on your page.

Rakesh.. Thanks a lot. Have a great year ahead.

MAN IN PAINTING December 31, 2008 at 6:39 AM  

Aria..
i never know you came back!
or else how could anyone miss terminal moraine...
let 2009 bring all happiness to you.let those "laser shows" inside your amazing brain continue.
let only the brave who are ready to risk everything know the real feeling of what it is to be in an abandoned cirque and understand what terminal moraine was all about...
Wish you a happy new year!

vi December 31, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Happy new year! BTW how is Don...doesn't get mentioned recently :)

asuph January 1, 2009 at 1:14 AM  

phew! what a roller coaster. what a stylish comeback (to verses).

I thought unabashed would have gone better where unashamed is. But then, your mastery of words is such that I should not really try and suggest.

I like the progression from ground to the sky -- the change of metaphors.

I like how you're never afraid of experimenting.

If this is anything to go by, I'm hopeful already about the new year :)

cheers,
asuph

aria January 1, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Man in Painting.. thank you so much for your appreciation, means much. Wishing you the very best, likewise. :)


Vi.. thank you :D once again, a very happy new year to you. Don is doing great. He'll turn 9 in april. Yeah I haven't been writing personal posts so I don't mention him.. the way I used to. I write poems on him but it always turns out absurd.. :(


Asuph.. thanks much, now I think unabashed sounds better. Your suggestions are always helpful :)
thanks again.. for always speaking your mind.. if you know what I mean.. :D

Perry Strange January 6, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

I like this *a lot*. Chewed on it a bit (as always)...

... and-- *very* good.

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP