conjuration

>> Saturday, July 5, 2008

I play with the images
you’d set floating in my mind,
every little illusion casting
an identical shadow as we race,
surrendering to the delirium
of which I’d remain in control
knowing it’d be over soon,
that the world would become
frozen again.


I don’t even know what to say
at such moments,
however, you know,
"I love you," you say.
If something has to be said,
what makes more sense?
we tell each other
we are lovers, in love
even while my conviction
that we are on divergent paths
is revived from one conversation
to the next.


I wonder at the letters
I begin to write,
left unfinished
phone calls I break off
dialing before the last digit,
if this isn’t me on the brink
after a brief intermission
as though nothing has changed
and if I am not back
where I’d began?


"take this yearning seriously
you want me," you say
and I rush to see you
in solitude I ask myself
if love is really in question
if it isn’t vulnerability
and embitterness
the neediness to which,
I am attracted?

11 comments:

aria July 5, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

this isn't no poem.. just few random lines I scribbled.. in a daze..

d SINNER!!! July 5, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

i liked the lines regarding incomplete letters and phone calls that never were dialed complete...

good one, guess daze works for you!!!

Alok July 6, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

I guess it is the neediness to which we all are attracted (and let me not define need here :))

Good one


Alok

Nash July 6, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

"I love you,” you say.
If something has to be said,
what makes more sense?"

Wonderful articulation. If something has to be said nothing else makes more sense and still you can't say it easily fearing if its nonsense :)

Influential Deepu July 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

impressive indeed !! profound !!
ur scribbling makes more sense then sensible writings of mine :P

AshenGlow July 7, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

I wonder at times, aria, what is better... to fall for the one you love.. or for the one who loves you...

aria July 8, 2008 at 2:05 AM  

d Sinner, Alok, Nash, Deepesh, Ashen.. thank you soooo very much for reading and commenting .. my precious readers .. :)
Love to you all ..

MAN IN PAINTING July 8, 2008 at 5:24 AM  

This single "slice" is an evidence.The proof.I feel the presence of a genius.You just invite us to have a gentle dip and has taken us to the abyss...
u call it scribblings..but i call them the rumblings of a thunder...
it is going to rain...
MIP

impersonator July 11, 2008 at 2:32 AM  

wonderful aria...random lines are very poetic and that is no surprise...

aria July 12, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

Man in Painting and Impersonator.. thanks a heap for dropping by and leaving your kind comments :)

asuph July 14, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

> this isn't a poem

you bet it is! good to see you back at your sublime best, and i liked this more than your usual comfort zone poetry (which is still sublime, but one gets used to everything, even starts expecting that level from someone who can write as well as you do).

was on a blog reading hiatus of sorts. and already regretting it. missed your poetry. off to read more

cheers,
asuph

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP