de novo

>> Thursday, June 19, 2008

Images begin to contract and then blur, at the sight of
trivial remains that had marked the passage of seasons
torrential washed concrete walls are immaculate, gleaming
as much with malice as with remembrance, some nails
were driven through them, no picture had been hung
in the empty backrooms few scratches, black scuff marks
allude to games, too bare to be faced, that is all.

In the darkness striped with light that comes through gaps,
amidst the smell of stale smoke, dirt, and fragrance of soil
I feel repelled at certain somber reverberations
yes again, the scuttlings and squeaks of rain
a contemptuous-sound-tinged coquettish invitation
mingled with individual noises of horns, vehicles,
children’s cries, multiplying to a steady rhythmic throb,
soft beats, vintage, a creation of sun and heat, once
we were audience to its drama and ode-singing chorus .

Inside the room as the evening grows teary
no abyss opens beneath me at the sight of emptiness,
the rain outside rises in its raucous crescendo, unobstructed,
falling with unexpected passages of emphasis, altering pace
and without being wracked too much by memories of
the handsome rugs, tables, dishes and chairs
once jointly owned by you and me, now yours alone
I furnish a new place of my own.

12 comments:

Casperbaba June 19, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

my dear, yet again you take my breath away... such lovely words. Ah! u know wat the pain is gone... i see that... sublime.
or may b my outlook has changed! dunno.. but bravo gurl!

Alok June 19, 2008 at 6:25 AM  

what images u create here Aria, I absolutely loved reading it .... S1 starts the piece briliantly... "torrential washed concrete walls are immaculate" is actually immaculate ... a line that will stay with me for sometime to come. and then the way u ended this ... very Aria like (ofcourse with a twist this time, but the sentence formation u know :)) ... handsome rug is worth noting or maybe I was just reading too much into it :)... enjoyed the read as usual


Alok

Nash June 19, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

Wow Aria. Loved the images and totally unexpected last line. :-)

MAN IN PAINTING June 20, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

My God!what was that?
Aria !
One of the best.I mean it.
Frankly i really dont know what to say.Magic was there.The spring is to coming to you.
I dont want to waste time commenting.
i am going to read it again and again....
thanx for the joy you gave us....

aria June 20, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Casper.. thanks much. that felt good.. and yes everything including change is transient :)

Alok.. I am glad you liked the twist.. and handsome rug .. well.. hehe thats a neat observation. thank you :)

Nash..I'm thinking of a story, meanwhile.. thanks for suffering through my poetrics .. :D

Man In Painting.. I am really glad you thought its worth reading again n again.. nice to see you here again .. thank you :)

Rashi June 23, 2008 at 4:16 AM  

very well wowen words,
I checked none hurts me..
but a couple of 'em did..
'coz I swam in the past for old times sake...b'ful !

flyingstars June 23, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

lovely words....each single word is so vivid and adds so much meaning to each line...you have blended the emotion so wonderfully with the season and is very realistic...so meaningful & realistic with today's life.

d SINNER!!! June 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

d images u created were awesome...at the same time painful...but still the 'rug' provided a twist and mebbe thats what we all need smtimes...

impersonator June 23, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

girl you are really good...its a beautiful little story in verse...so picturesque...that after leaving your blog it would stay in mind for sometime.

aria June 24, 2008 at 2:26 AM  

Rashi.. welcome to my blog.. just checked yours :) and thanks for your lovely words..

Kalyan.. thanks.. :)

d sinner.. thanks a heap.. nice to see you again .. :)

Impersonator.. I'm glad you thought so, thanks much :)

Influential Deepu June 29, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

was about to hit the bed and then thought, lets read this one and not leave it for tomorrow... and I am glad i did !
this is exquisite work Aria.

To be honest, first time I saw a hint of "positivity" in your writing.
"once jointly owned by you and me, now yours alone
I furnish a new place of my own."
Perfect ending !!

aria June 30, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

Thank you Deepesh.. Nice to have you back and yes I did miss you.. I don't have many readers.. you see ;) thanks again!

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP