The evidence against me..

>> Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Scarlett remembered me for a tag -its an honour in itself. I can never get tired of praising her. She is special and I second all that Asuph has written here...

Coming back to the tag in question. This is fun as it entails digging forgotten gems (in my case junks) and as others have rightly observed – its like bottling the old wine in new flavor.

Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words given : family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like. Tag 5 friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.

Yet again, I am late – though this required minimum effort in terms of writing.. finding the right post to match the key words was tough and 'linking' is still a massive task for me! Besides, I had caught the renovation bug all over again and wanted to give my old hut a new life and glitter :D Its fun playing with the template! Its too facile now and I’ve added all kinds of pictures on header footer left right center.

Talking about pictures -I’d unceasingly done tags but the only one I couldn’t complete was that of
Punds .
He rarely visits – but I wish to apologize. I couldn’t take up.. though I love pictures (looking at them) I’m clumsy with the camera. I did not click any photo last year. Since eons I'm stuck in Delhi and the last picture I clicked could well be three years old. I do have a 3-year-old camera phone, which is never used for taking pictures, is seldom used for talking and is regularly used as an alarm clock!

Anyway, of late I’d been doodling poetrics hence the posts linked here are from my older blog.

Family : There are no posts on family per say but casual references which aren’t specific but are thorough. Needless to say, I am a pampered spoilt brat and love my family to the core. My parents and sister (& latest additions- her kids) are both my strength and weakness. The scrabble (originally posted on
Sulekha ) which remotely qualifies was written when my sister was expecting her first child . That ‘event’ had generated a new sense to my blunted sensibilities.
Another family member mentioned regularly in various posts is - Don. Every phenomenal moment spent with him is incandescent with inextinguishable joy.
He is my everything ..

Friends : I don’t have friends. In the so-called real world I’ve lost contact with everyone. I remember certain faces, livid, rapt in bemused oblivion, drifting into unknown. I’d sporadically cited
two girlfriends in earlier posts though presently I possess no knowledge of their whereabouts. Friendship is perhaps an art or maneuvering wherein I have no glowing records to showcase. The world at large, camaraderie, hangouts, sociability and all drat are part and parcel of an alien world, which for me has abruptly become sardonic.

Whenever my sister calls, her first question is – "how are your buddies?" Which means – Amitabh Bachchan and Sachin Tendulkar. They are
my best buddies . :D

(On second thoughts, blogging pals are my sole pals. Some of them have stopped visiting or visit occasionally – I’ll use this opportunity to tell them –
all of them are/were valued! )

Yourself : I’m megalomaniac, largely an apathetic woman who at times seems palpating with the forces of life. All my posts are full of nostalgic musings, recollections and are
an extension of me . Even the fictitious characters have my clamoring traits .

Love : Over the years of long spinsterhood, I’ve assembled an invisible ‘harem’ of had-beens and could-have-beens. I’d started 'blogging' in that
jilted lover kinda state. The hopelessness of everything had emblazoned it with exalted tones of great passion. It was cathartic and I can say for sure - its over and done with! I retain a visceral memory of him- it persists as one of that reminiscence in which sound and scent are preserved but no objective context.

Twice since, I’d perceived I was close to ‘loving’ again but fortunately or unfortunately I
failed! Though passion blooms rarely in my garden – it holds that midsummer fullness. I’m still searching – and waiting for the moment when from beautiful and wanton – I’ll turn handsome and acceptable ..

[My latest crush is the guy who plays Ram in the new Ramayan aired on NDTV imagine. (yeah - I watch it regulary) I don't know his name. I could say he is hot but in fact - he looks godly.]

Anything : My scribbles reflect the phases of multitudinous emotions that have assailed me off and on.. each one is special in its way but I’d like to link something from my first ever blogging site. This is the
first story I'd posted online. Its raw.. it can do with some editing and more spice . .but I think this and this were some creative attempts that I could have improved upon.

I know most people don’t like being tagged. I don’t want to force anyone.

If I had my way –
I’d like to tag
Punds , Dredger , Nidhi , Ashen Glow and Hotice .

If you guys are already tagged OR don’t wish to comply – take it easy – I can assure you its fun but the rest is upto you!

Note for readers - If someone is still reading, I encourage you to check them out. They are wonderful writers. :)

"A word is dead when it is said, some say. I say it just begins to live that day" [ED]

18 comments:

parikrama February 27, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

Me First (hopefully) unless your 1001 chaah ne waales beat me to that.

Will bookmark this, as of now, to read (the older posts cited here) on a rainy day. Hope it rains on this weekend :)

parikrama February 27, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

Waah! koi nahi hein. I was indeed the first one to comment. Saturday ko Hanumaan ji ke mandir mein jaake Maala chadaaungaa, eisi khushi mein.

Nash February 27, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

"My scribbles reflect the phases of multitudinous emotions that have assailed me off and on"

I managed a thorough glance. Till the time you come up with the next post I would complete reading the older ones.

Inconsequential February 27, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

Gosh such a lot to re-/read :)

'Reality' friends...

friends...

I have one.

Casperbaba February 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

"My scribbles reflect the phases of multitudinous emotions that have assailed me off and on.. each one is special in its way"

WOW! its like u just emoted me nd my struggle to understand myself in these words....
BEAUTIFUL INDEED!

aria February 28, 2008 at 2:50 AM  

IW.. Yahi toh problem hai na- I don't have a single chaahnewaala upar se aap Hanuman ji ke bhakt nikle :( Ab toh mujhey sahi mein sanyaas le lena chaahiye *sigh*
Btw thanks in advance. I'm counting on only you to read all the craps linked there .. :D

Nash.. The way I'm chugging -I should take another month to come up with the next one. By that time you should be done! Thanks :)

Inconsequential.. Ohh yeah! I grabbed the opportunity to link all nonsense. In fact the post here is an abstract of all that ..ergo don't waste your time.. hehe
I do remember you talking about your solitary friend in an ealier comment. May your friendship prosper ..
Thank you for dropping by.

Casperbaba.. Thank you! Looking forward to more of your words..

flyingstars February 28, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

lovely reading more about you & your thoughts...very nicely done tag...have a wonderful time!

vi February 28, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Hi Hon,

Lots of things prevented me from blogging (internet really!) my old laptop finally died and just got a new one (few days ago) but I have not became close to it yet. Office computer internet - blog blocked email blocked!
I have been getting into a lot of accidents - burnt face, cut thumb, nose bleeds, list is long...otherwise live and kicking lol

Ok now for your blog...knew some things but nice to read them (Don :D)
could identify with a lot of it!

nidhi February 28, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

Hello Aria
As always I hang on to your each written word and imagine your state of mind.. It is like savouring a delicious delicacy..

I was quite occupied all these days, packing up, sifting out stuff and moving to new place. as always change is exciting, whether for good or bad! The process once again kindled infatuation for Pravin, my husband, who was awesome about everything :) The place is very nice, full of trees, birds, away from city and silent :) the evenings are full of peacock and other birdie chatter.

Thank you for the tag - it is special honour for me, would really love to do it in coming days!

take care and be happy :)

Nidhi

P.S. I will surely check out on NDTV's Ramamyan..it is long time since I had a crush..imagine for months i haven't suffered a crush and the only person I have been feeling it is Pravin only.. quite boring na :D

impersonator February 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM  

Lady, I don’t read blogs. I was looking up a site and got directed here thereby fagged good eight hours reading this ensemble. Superlatively brilliant .. superlatively brilliant. Telescoping emotions and spinning complex and compelling writes' you write like a dream, many images surface in 'em. scanned your homepage but there is no contact information.. would you like to mail ? My email - impersonatorb@gmail.com
But ofcourse kudos to you. it can be a shattering experience when dreams die, and die young at that. one yearns, fervently, for a new lease of life, so that one could dream again. so keep dreaming and keep writing. wish you the very best

Scarlett February 29, 2008 at 3:07 AM  

Aria,

I am delighted that you took up my tag and I am touched by your kind words.

It was a treat reading some of your older pieces, I hadnt read them and it was a treasure to go through your words. It always is.

Thank you :)

Hugs,
Scarlett
[Lost this comment twice because self couldnt figure out the Google/Blogger login thing]

aria February 29, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

Flyingstars.. Thank you! You too have a nice time :)

Vi.. Are you fine now? Gosh! That sounds scary. Let me check your page next, if you’ve posted something new there. Thanks for your comment.. hope things improve for you.. please take care.

Nidhi.. I thought so.. you would busy @ moving! What a lovely place you’ve shifted to.. we sometimes have peacocks around our place (rarely) .. they were more frequent in the place I stayed before.. despite all the green zones.. the number of birds seems to be deteriorating.
How luminious those tranquil evenings must be with Pravin .. I’m looking forward to more exquisite descriptions on your blog. Do the tag at liesure. Thank you for those lovely words.. they mean a lot. pS –do check out the new Ramayan… I’ll love to know.. what you thought of him.. or its only me :) .. on the contrary so far .. Sita for me had been a let down ...

Impersonator.. Welcome to my humble space. Many thanks.. for your generous compliments. I am not sure if I merited but your words are deeply moving. I’m glad you spent so much time here.. do come back again .. take care ..

Scarlett.. I don’t believe my eyes .. wow! I’m glad I did this tag too.. and got a comment from you.. that’s a bonus! Thanks a heap .. for both reading and commenting. :)

therapy March 1, 2008 at 4:43 AM  

I'm going to spend awhie reading up the old stuff:)

cheti March 1, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

Aria !

Beautiful stuff from your pot of gold !

A deslight to read them as always ! And apart from them tooo .. just wandering around your blogosarai

Alok March 2, 2008 at 1:32 AM  

A delight to read as always ... through the threads of emotions that many of us can relate to or have experienced before .... write on


Alok

nidhi March 2, 2008 at 4:39 AM  

hey Aria
the boy (meaninng sachin) scored unbeaten 117..howzzatt

I call him sachmich :D

I did check out our Rama..hmmm he is sumptuous for sure :D

have a good time!

aria March 2, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

Therapy.. thanks :).. its going to take a lot of your time.

Cheti .. you must've read most of them before. thanks, as always :) really liked reading your old stuff too. I think it was a nice tag to do.

Alok.. Great to see you back! Welcome back. thank you :)

Nidhi.. Yeah it was a great day today.. had been glued to the tv since morning. Nothing beats the site of 'him' raising the bat after a century! I liked the nick Sachmich. The icing (on the already iced) cake was U-19 win.
So you checked on Ram . .thanks.. Nice to know you liked him. I think.. he looks better with the crown.. and I love his eyes .. :D

Kunjubi April 9, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

a pampered spoilt brat! Friendship is perhaps an art or maneuvering wherein I have no glowing records to showcase....megalomaniac, largely an apathetic woman who at times seems palpating with the forces of life. Preface to autobiography in writing ...fantastic fantasy!..(Blistering barnacles!) But you are none of this. You are exaggerating the situations. But then that is the previlege of a writer. other than that, it create a fear in the mind to come near.. A biographer in the making! you enjoy the tone and equivocation. I love this. cheers.kunjubi

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP