Permanent Pause..

>> Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A so-called ‘well-wisher’ had sent dozens of emails through Sulekha and Rediff with links of certain bloggers who are recycling my poetrics into their own. One lady had copied a poem word by word . .and when confronted she apologized, saying that she had merely 'cited' my poem as it was the only ‘nice’ poem on my otherwise crappy blog but she’d lost my web address so she couldn’t link to me. Fine . .could be .. she removed my poem from her blog so the matter as far as she is concerned is closed ..
But there are couple more .. one person has twisted one of my poems .. it is all so funny ..
Yesterday I was bugged and fuming .. but do I really have the time or inclination to carry a tirade against these kinds? No I don’t. And in any case ..my so called poetries are nothing but crap .. so why should I bother .. ? Ohh yeah I’m possessive about everything .. about relationships .. and my writings . .but then it does boil down to some sensibility, sooner or later.
I have given up .. the way I give up everything else … I’m giving up this space ..


To all those unknown people who were kind enough to copy me . .thank you very much. They say imitation is flattery too. Please be my guest and feel free to copy, twist, toss, tamper, turn all the shit that I’d posted here. I don’t give a flying fuck .. An added info for you – I’m a technical fool so I don’t follow the intricacies of catching someone through an IP address and all drat! Besides, I’m a recluse and I don’t have a single friend in the whole damn world who would give a fuck to all this nonsense ..
My well-wishers thanks to you too .. but please refer to everything that I’ve said above and kindly do not send me emails from here there or anywhere. I don’t wish to catch anyone.


And lastly .. a handful of blogging pals who once visited me .. encouraged me to write or improve. I may or may not post here again but I’ll remember all of you. I’ll not thank you coz on a post like this.. even that would sound sarcastic ..

Anyway, I have exhausted myself completely and I have nothing more to write. I don’t want to write a melodramatic good bye post coz I may feel like posting again, someday… if I’m upto it . .I’ll be back but all this copying crap has doused my creative fire, if any spark was left, that is.
All the best to you all ..
For the time being …
Au Revoir

14 comments:

asuph November 7, 2007 at 1:33 AM  

aria,

of course it's a serious thing -- but, if possible, don't let affect you like this. posting or not-posting is absolutely your prerogative, but keep on writing. it doesn't matter how many times you call it crap, you write well. you write very well indeed. and i'm sure one of these days, we'll see you in print. and ironically, more people will probably copy you.

as for the creative fire, it will come knocking sooner than you think possible right now.

take care,
asuph.

Nash November 8, 2007 at 5:14 PM  

Aria! I am waiting for your new post. Please don't get distracted by such incidents. I request you to let it go. It is all a part of life. Be yourself and you are capable of touching greater heights. Relax and come back. Good Luck!

Dooka November 9, 2007 at 2:07 AM  

Aria,
Please dont do that. I am sure souls like me NEED this space more than the ones that USE this space. I am really sorry and shocked to hear about what has been happening! Plagiarism! :(

I do want to hear from you. I do want to read the lovely poems, delightful writing. You write DAMN well and are one of the reasons I even bother with blogworld. Please dont stop writing. As Asuph says, you dont have to publish it (That will be a treat for us!).

Please please write.

Love,
dooka

Dooka November 9, 2007 at 2:10 AM  

Aria,
Please dont do that. I am sure souls like me NEED this space more than the ones that USE this space. I am really sorry and shocked to hear about what has been happening! Plagiarism! :(

I do want to hear from you. I do want to read the lovely poems, delightful writing. You write DAMN well and are one of the reasons I even bother with blogworld. Please dont stop writing. As Asuph says, you dont have to publish it (That will be a treat for us!).

Please please write.

Love,
dooka

aria November 10, 2007 at 5:08 AM  

I’m cool now! Thank you Asuph .. Dooks .. Nash :) It all started with someone accusing me of stealing my own poetry from this lady who was ‘citing’ me.. I was really really mad because of that .. and then it was followed by a series of mails with links of people twisting my poems .. anyway it has stopped and all is well now. I’ll be fine soon .. I do over-react but then I cool down . .after all I started blogging for the purpose of ‘venting’ .. :)

Alok November 10, 2007 at 5:44 AM  

so then it is not a permanent pause ... do keep writing even if u dont post them here

alok

vi November 10, 2007 at 2:28 PM  

Flower,
Hon, remember why we moved to blogspot in the first place? because of jerks at sulekha...but one thing that you can be sure of is jerks everywhere...as everyone else said you write extremely well and we love to read what you write...so please, please don't let things like that effect you.

Will eagerly wait for your next post :)

vi...regular reader and huge admirer!!!

Kalyan November 13, 2007 at 6:10 AM  

Hi Aria, this is really a sad news & a bolt from the blue to me, but I would request you to do go on & we will just hope your creative fire re-ignites you again....as for what has been happening to your work, I can understand the feeling & how it affects us to see our work being plagarised without giving us the required credit. I am also apprehensive from the very beginning & the web is such a free & expansive world without any barriers, it is very difficult managing...I can just hope or wish these things stop, so that creativity has its way & can be spread among everyone....I do wish to see you back again with a new vigour...keep going...!

asuph November 13, 2007 at 8:26 PM  

Ah! So you're returning! That's a cause for celebration. We'll be all waiting in a circular queue for your next piece.

:)
asuph.

aria November 14, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

Alok .. Thanks :)

Vi .. That's so sweet. I'm really speechless! :) Thank you so very much.

Kalyan .. I agree with you and that was very well said *thumbs up* Thanks ..

Asuph .. :D Thank you *bows*

Now I'm feeling really stupid for this fit of emotion .. but its ok .. hota hai!

Full2 Faltu November 14, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

I always visit you after many days because I know you write after a big pause.

Even though I don't understand some of your poems, or many of your poems but I understand that what you write has a deep meaning somewhere. I will get it someday! :) My pea-sized brain will understand it, someday. But thats me!

As Vi said there will be jerks and unfortunately jerks are in majority but then its not why you write? Right? You write for yourself and that you do again.

Again, Most of the people in my blogroll write very rarely. I don't want another one who hasn't written in ages. So you better write, atleast for my blogroll. (was it threatening enough?:))

-Punds

Inconsequential November 15, 2007 at 1:57 PM  

Although I rarely visit, and rarely comment...

Well, I'd miss you...:(

Though even if you never write again I hope you drop by and comment as you are one of the less than a handful that do...

Still, you have to do what you want, not others :)

Maybe I'll see you around...

Dooka November 15, 2007 at 2:06 PM  

Aria,
Nice to hear from you! glad to see you are still around ... :) Take care!
Dooks

aria November 15, 2007 at 3:00 PM  

Punds .. Thanks for visiting. Every time you do, your comment makes me smile. :) I don't like saying 'quits' coz I know I'll miss some wonderful ppl here. And yes, the threat was good enough and so I'm posting something. (hoping that you gonna read it, someday)

Inconsequential .. In fact I rarely post either. Guess, I'm loosing interest in this blogging business.. that's the primary reason and rest is just an excuse. I do hope to see you around too ..even if I don't post.. I'll continue reading you .. that's coz I love to! Thank you!

Dooks . .Actually its nice to see 'you' around! You had been missing for ages. I hope you gonna stay for a while.

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP