Some scattered thoughts

>> Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I’m recurrently the last to respond to a tag. I don’t mind doing it once a while especially when I’m stuck in a writer’s block, at the same time I know, lot of us don’t enjoy this. The last time I was tagged I’d made up my mind that I won’t tag anybody in the future but this is different. I need to pick five bloggers for the ‘thinking blogger award’ and they are expected to do the same. I’ll like to clarify that the ones I’ve picked mean a lot to me personally, it’s my personal acknowledgment and if they don’t want to carry it forward, it isn’t an obligation.

Coming back to the point,
Ano picked me in her list of ‘five’. Getting praised by a versatile writer, in full possession of her art and craft means much! I thank her again for the high praise and also for having me alongside Asuph ! I venerate him .. ahem and I won’t say more coz … never mind .. :D
So here is my list ..

Vi– A reflecting muser! It will be apt to bestow thinking blogger award on someone, who has named her blog – Still thinking! There's an easy charm in her writing. Her regular posts are terse and precise wherein she can open lives, explore ordinary relationships and still manage to penetrate deeper and reveal pulsation of love, emotions, friendship with absolute authenticity. Sadly she rarely posts her stories, poems etc and when she does, after few days, she deletes them. Her novella, Vishal that she’d posted on Sulekha was exemplary.
She is my dearest blogger-friend, one of the most wonderful person I came across over the net and I really mean it. I hope to meet her in person, someday.

Zofo - He has a magnificent love affair with nature. An avid traveler, the photographs he posts uncover some delightful pleasures and dangers of the natural world. The easiest way to head to the wilderness is, visiting his blog! He combines those images with the poet’s sensibility and the effect is uniquely compelling. His poems are passionate, erotic and usually with sorrowful and chaotic undercurrents. While reading him, I’ve often felt I was reading my own words.

Aakash– Another writer with a broad range of talent! He has three diverse blogs, all of a separate genre. His prose is spacious in scope, his poems are rhythmical, his writing in general, is rich in language. He is in command of an array of feelings. For a long time, I wasn’t aware of his poetry blog and marveled at his intriguing and lyrical tales. Quite recently I stumbled on his poetry page and was dazzled by his linguistic exuberance and technical flair.

Inkblot - She seems to me an intrepid explorer of the unseen & invisible because she is sensitive to many changes of colors unnoticed by an average eye. She primarily posts poetry and you can find whole fistfuls of masterpieces on her blog. There are abstruse allusions, casual, even cheeky tones, delightful wordplays, subtle exploration of loss, shapes of varied emotions… I can go on and on. Her occasional prose pieces are equally luminous.

Equivocationalist – I adore his style. His manner is playful and he is both funny and sophisticated. He selects words with a poet's precision and arranges them artfully which conjures up a vivid image. His vocabulary never dwindles to insensitivity. Those who think, I use ‘big’ words should visit him. I unfailingly learn a word or two in every trip. His sense of humor makes these ‘exercises’ quite enjoyable.

Phew! I'm done but taking a cue from
Punds , I’ll like to mention some other bloggers, I admire ..

Cheti – His posts are sporadic but of high quality.
IW – He is again, irregular but viscerally funny.
Merryweather – A tender poetess. She makes me ‘wonder’.
Dooka – I miss her dearly. I hope she comes back.

Basically, all who grace me with their visit are special to me so if I haven’t mentioned someone.. forgive me :(

This award was started
here.

You have to award five others whose blog you think deserve this award.
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.
Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all — blogs that really get you thinking!


It took me a while to figure out html links. Thanks Vi for the help you’d provided long back. Thankfully the new blogger has made things easier for a dumbo like me. I hope these links work.
.
***
I'm not sure if I merited but the event of acquiring the coveted thinking blogger award almost coincides with my second blogging anniversary. In two years, I’ve posted about sixty write-ups, which isn’t remarkable in terms of quantity. However, as a yearly ritual, I read some old posts and felt, from a
wild kid I’m beginning to sound something like a woman. I sense a perceptible improvement in myself, which is heartening.
I read a 55-word story on Asuph’s blog today and thought of writing my own story in that many words on this ‘grand’ occasion.

Thoughts, sometimes they are wide and practical, sometimes potholed and well used, sometimes deep and silent, sometimes mysterious. At times, indigo and burnt sienna, periodically an apocalyptic vision with mixtures of dark and gray. They change color as they rise and fall, they are never all one thing. Consequently, she decided to be herself.

It was on off-handed try. I promise to get better ;)

13 comments:

vi June 27, 2007 at 4:54 PM  

:D :D I have a big smile on my face now! Thanks Hon, that was touching...I hope to meet you too...

A bit of a trivia...my blog is named still thinking because when I created the blog I was "still thinking" of a name ;)

Hmm, for the tag I read exactly 5 bloggers...since all of them have already been acknowledged as thinking bloggers, I might tweak the tag a bit...

vi

Equivocationalist June 27, 2007 at 5:06 PM  

i'm touched, aria. it's quite something to hear you say that you learn words from me, for i'm ever in admiration of your vocabulary; words like 'anamnesis' are rarae aves, which i treasure as your gifts :).

Nash June 27, 2007 at 6:37 PM  

"all who grace me with their visit are special to me so if I haven’t mentioned someone.. forgive me :( "

Forgiven !! ;-)

Nice 55 words story.
"wild kid" post is yours?
It is hilarious.

AakASH!!! June 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM  

Now what do i say? I hold you in very high regards, and then you bestow this... accolade. =)

Thank Aria, i am too humbled to say anything more.

The Hermit of Wandering Thoughts June 28, 2007 at 4:57 AM  

I am touched.. such praise. I humbly bow.. I have have a similar feeling when I read some of your posts.. I often experience the feeling of Deja Vu.. here

thanks again,much appreciated.
cheers
z

aria June 28, 2007 at 8:52 AM  

Vi, Equivocationalist, Aakash, Zofo .. you are welcome! :)

Nash.. I was convinced that apart from the 'five' noone else would comment here. Thanks for proving me wrong ;)
And yes that wild kid is me! 'Men stray, women lay' is my pristine poetry .. hehe

asuph June 29, 2007 at 3:08 AM  

Aria,

My grandmother told me once that if you blush too often, you get constipation. Well I've been blushing a lot lately, and let me not reveal intimate details of my digestive progress (or lack of it), but I've definitely got blostipation.

You see, grandmothers are always right (that is the reason why I've attributed that figment of my imagination to my grandmother).

Okay let me try to be more serious. Find better idols. You don't know how hard it is for me not to be a narcissist, but you're already a way superior writer. Hell, you are a writer, not pretending to be one. In time you'll realize, that being mentioned alongside me is anything but an honor. I kind of feel sad for the other four there.

You, girl, are made for bigger and better things. And on the occasion of the blogging anniversary (even if belated), let me wish you all the success that you deserve.

Happy blogging anniversary.

cheers,
asuph

aria June 29, 2007 at 10:43 PM  

Asuph :D Thanks a ton!

parikrama July 2, 2007 at 1:12 AM  

>> irregular but viscerally funny.

Here'z what Merriam Webster has to say about all things 'visceral' :

Main Entry: vis·cer·al
Function: adjective

1 : felt in or as if in the viscera : DEEP (a visceral conviction)

2 : not intellectual : INSTINCTIVE, UNREASONING (visceral drives)

3 : dealing with crude or elemental emotions : EARTHY (a visceral novel)

4 : of, relating to, or located on or among the viscera : SPLANCHNIC (visceral organs)

Looking at the above 4, one can safely strike off description 1 & 4. So on the basis of 2 & 3, I am non-intellectual crude person dealing with elementary emotions :-(

To say that I am miffed would be an understatement. Yet, me being me and you being you and us being us, I ought to thank you for the fleeting mention :-))

aria July 2, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Oops ..! Sigh.. thank you for letting it pass. Well you know.. the way things are these days .. woh din door nahi jab .. you & me gonna be the only ones left in the single's club .. so it's better that we don't fight ;)

cheti July 3, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

Yes Yes Yes !!!!! Scarlett blogrolls me and you give me a consolation prize

Frankly, you shouldnt have, even if you hadnt mentioned my name I would still read your blogs and given my dumbstruck empty comments ;)

But it doesnt really hurt to be in a list - particularly if its created by you !

cheti July 3, 2007 at 1:25 PM  

btw .. this template is really beautiful, as long as we dont scroll ! And once we scroll, it stays there in a very inconspicuous way - unlike your earlier equally beautiful template. But that had a lot of potential to getting me fired !

aria July 3, 2007 at 4:51 PM  

rotfl @ consolation prize! yup,I know you'll read me, no matter what. In fact you and Vi have been reading me for almost 2 years now. If there's a thinking commentator award, you gonna get one from almost everyone :D

I'm kinda, sorta restless these days. So I'm exhausting my energy here. Which template do you prefer? this or the previous one? I might revert to the old one, thought that was more pretty but it had few irritating problems. Reading prose there was a bit distracting too. I'm not sure.. do tell me when you check next. :)

Latest comments

  ©

Back to TOP